We had our first OB appointment last Thursday. It was the first time I had been in that office since May 2009. So naturally the receptionist set me up for a regular pap appointment. Hmmm. Apparently I was not clear enough when I said I was pregnant and my RE released me. She also told me that my OB was too busy to see me & I needed to choose a new OB. I had been seeing Dr C & the NP J for YEARS; now that I am pregnant I can't be their patient anymore! I was furious, but figured maybe it would work out once I was able to speak to someone face to face. Plus they were the ones who referred me to Dr G in the first place. After calling in to see what I could expect from this appointment on Wednesday & realizing the mistake, I learned that there have been quite a few mix-ups with that particular receptionist.
So we met a new OB, who accommodated us due to the mix-up so that K could still be there. We answered all the family health history questions. When she brought the Doppler in, I asked if we were going to be able to do a u/s. She said that only if we could not find the heartbeat with the Doppler. To which I responded "Can't we pretend we could not find it?" So off to the u/s machine. It was not the best picture, but it was a picture! It was hard for her to get a measurement, since the baby is in the bottom of the sack. Dr H said we were measuring at least 8 weeks & that was fine since we were still within a day or two of how Dr G measured us. The heart-rate was up to 171 bpm! Plus 2 more pictures to add to our collection!

Yay! You are so smart, lady! I never would have thought to say that in order to sneak in an ultrasound! Way to go! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to deal with all of those mix-ups! I bet that was sure frustrating. Looks like it all worked out though! :) Can't believe you are 8 weeks already! Time is flying!