Today (& in the past) some other 3T ladies were talking about how their Moms don't get it. Their Dads don't understand. Neither do their sisters. Nope not Mother in law either. It makes me sad for them. I can't imagine having to explain all of this to them. My parents live 360 miles away. K's parents are in town, but we don't see them much.
Mom gets it and feels that it is her fault. (It isn't at all!) I don't really talk to her about it, but she would if I wanted. I am now at the age she was finished having her kids, but started at the same age she was when she had her 2nd. ::deep breath & sigh::
Dad is sweet, he and Mom were married for years before they had me, their 1st. He told me that they used to get asked all the time about when they would have kids. They were not trying and wanted to just be married for a while. I asked him what he would tell people. He responded "It will happen when it happens."
Sister had a septum too paired with stage 3 borderline stage 4 endo. The RE said it is the 2nd worst case she has ever seen and worst she has ever been able to help. She gets it, even though she is not trying to start a family yet.
Mother in law has experienced losses. She doesn't completely understand, but she is empathetic to what we are going through. K is very private and doesn't share a whole lot...with anyone except me. So we don't get a whole lot of questions coming from his family either.
Just in case anyone is wondering. It does not elevate any of the stress that comes with this process. I do LOVE that my family gives me the space I need when it comes to this. Typing out my concerns is different than actually saying them out loud. For some reason, typing them out (even though I am not the best writer) doesn't make IF hurt as much as talking about it. For this I am thankful that I finally decided to rejoin theBump in January this year. The ladies are wonderful & help me to realize that I am not alone. Although an extreme small group has dealt with my circumstances, they "GET IT". They are there at all times. Someone is always there. They are just as excited for my small victories as I am. Thank you ladies for your support! HUGS for everyone!
OH! 10 days until testing. 2 days until next Acupuncture appointment.

No comments:
Post a Comment